Gardner Capital is an affordable housing and renewable energy developer, investor, and tax credit syndicator with primary regional offices located in St. Louis, Dallas, San Francisco, Atlanta and Springfield, Missouri. The tax credit syndication arm of Gardner has seen significant growth over the last couple of years and is looking to expand its team. Under the supervision of the Managing Director, the Syndication Asset Manager will aid in the monitoring of an expanding portfolio of equity investments financed with both federal and state Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (‘LIHTC’). The role of the Syndication Asset Manager will serve as the main representative of Gardner Capital during the construction and lease-up phases of its state tax credit investments. The duties of the Syndication Asset Manager position will be as follows:
- Responsible for actively monitoring the construction and lease up of the state tax credit investments made by Gardner.
- Serve as the Gardner contact for the federal syndicator as well as the developer as it relates to monitoring construction and processing capital contributions
- Responsible for keeping track of upcoming capital contribution requests and forecasting out capital needs from quarter to quarter.
- Responsible for organizing all documents on shared file system so all other departments within Gardner can access.
- Responsible for preparing a file of needed property and tax credit documentation needed for the sale of the state tax credits.
- Assisting the Managing Director in the sale of state tax credits as it relates to processing capital calls project performance updates.
- Provide monthly reports to the Managing Director as to the status of all investments regarding construction status and lease up
- Responsible for providing updates to projected first year credit delivery estimates on each project.
- Coordinates activities with other departments to ensure that they have the information necessary for their review and that any issues are resolved
- Participates in monthly calls with developers and other partners
- Provide a detailed hand off each investment as it reaches stabilization to the Asset Management Team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of LIHTC industry experience requires, specifically in asset management
- Motivated and detail-oriented
- Leadership qualities a must
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications and financial spreadsheets
- Highly organized with effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment; able to work with colleagues remotely
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills
- Located in St. Louis, MO
- Office environment
- Occasional travel, decided on a deal-by deal basis; and attendance at some occasional remote company functions
- Pay and benefits commensurate with experience
- Job classification is exempt