Gardner Capital is a Solar and Affordable Housing developer, investor and tax credit syndicator with a nationwide presence. We are seeking a well-qualified Solar Development Intern to support our Solar Group in St. Louis. The Intern will assist in closing our current deals, sourcing new deals for our 2021 pipeline, and providing project-level financial analysis. The candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks.
The position is a part-time or full-time, paid internship requiring between 24-40 hours per week.
- Assist VP, Solar Business Development and other team members to complete investment underwriting deliverables (debt and equity financing packages)
- Project-level financial reporting and due diligence
- Perform financial analysis of various solar investment opportunities
- Assist analyst or senior analyst in project management throughout development process
- Provide research support for solar development projects
- Communicate with members of other Solar offices and outside consultants
- Completes other solar development projects as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Energy, Utility and Solar industries
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately
- Self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
Experience / Education
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Energy, Real Estate, Finance, Urban Studies or other related degree. Prefer junior, senior, or graduate level.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe and SharePoint; Quickbase and Smartsheet preferred
Please send your resume to Mike Koehler (mkoehler[email protected])