Senior Development Associate (Midwest Region)
Under direction from the Principal of Gardner Capital Development, Inc., the Senior Development Associate will support real estate development efforts by performing deal sourcing, due diligence, managing the design development process and analyzing feasibility primarily. Secondary responsibilities include performing underwriting, economic analysis, risk management, and transaction analysis of affordable housing markets. The Senior Development Associate will work in the St Louis office and will work with other Gardner Capital regional employees.
- Support regional business development staff and coordinate activities with outside professional
- Assist with site selection and manage initial due diligence and feasibility analysis for potential development
- Assist with underwriting efforts for development projects throughout
- Perform financial analysis and modeling, verification of income and expense assumptions, and evaluation of capital structures and financing
- Maintain familiarity with the federal LIHTC program, Qualified Allocation Plans, and other funding Assist with preparation of tax credit applications and coordinating responses to the state agency.
- Assist in the preparation of funding applications, performing closing due diligence, circulating documentation to debt & equity financing and providing updates to capital partners as
- Solicit proposals and manage services provided by design professionals and consultants. Oversee preparation of feasibility reports and construction
- Participate in communication with Construction Staff and Contractor. Assist in the confirmation of development cost, establishment of construction budgets and finalizing construction
- Monitor construction progress and timelines. Assist with review, information gathering and other problem-solving during
- Coordinate preparation of monthly payment applications and draw
- Other development related tasks as needed and directed by senior
- Bachelor’s degree is
- Real estate development or finance experience
- LIHTC and/or multifamily development experience preferred.
- The successful candidate will have 1-2 years of experience
- Strong quantitative aptitude with an extremely high level of attention to detail and a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work product
- Excellent personal and organizational skill
- Ability to summarize complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable
- Solid understanding of economic and business
- Highly driven and hard working with high standards for themselves and
- Demonstrated interest in a career focused on real estate development and/or
- Desire to work in a transaction-based environment where requirements and tight deadlines are often dictated by deal flow.
- Highly resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured, entrepreneurial
- Highly proficient in MS Excel (advanced proficiency required), Project, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Google
- Evidence of solid research, writing, and group presentation skills.
- Located in Louis MO
- Reports to the Managing Partner and Principal; duties often coordinated with other Development Managers, Associates, Underwriters and
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Pay and benefits commensurate with
- Job classification is
For inquiries please contact Amy Dosen at [email protected]