Data Science Intern
Gardner Capital is seeking a well-qualified Data Science Intern to support our Senior Director of Finance. Gardner Capital is an Affordable Housing and Solar developer, investor and tax credit syndicator with a nationwide presence. The Intern will identify, develop, and implement predictive modeling solutions and applications for Gardner Capital. The successful candidate will work on designing and developing data analytic tools to meet the needs of different business applications.
The position is a part-time, paid internship requiring on average 16-24 hours per week.
- Candidates will assist Gardner Capital in identifying opportunities to build an internal data science function
- Use programming skills to explore, analyze and interpret large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Validate and clean data from multiple sources. Ensure data quality and integrity for effective modeling
- Acquires data from multiple data sources to perform analysis
- Lead forward-looking/predictive analytics
- Help with bringing analytics expertise in-house
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Knowledge and experience on data technologies and programming languages
- Detail oriented
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science or related fields. Prefer junior, senior or graduate student class level.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
To Apply Please send your resume to [email protected]