Gardner Capital is an affordable housing and renewable energy developer, investor, and tax credit syndicator with primary regional offices located in St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri
and Dallas, Texas. The development arm of Gardner Capital has seen significant growth and is looking to expand its team with the following position.
Gardner Capital seeks to hire a full-time corporate/real estate attorney as Counsel to be located in its Clayton, Missouri office. The successful candidate will have one to four years of legal experience and will be a member of the Missouri Bar or able to become a member promptly. The successful candidate will have experience in corporate or commercial real estate transactions. Experience in partnership tax, low-income housing tax credits and solar tax credit developments are pluses. The successful candidate will report to Gardner Capital’s General Counsel and will work closely with Gardner Capital’s General Counsel, Associate General Counsel and other Gardner Capital team members.
- draft and review a variety of contracts relating to affordable housing projects and solar generation projects
- review and negotiate partnership agreements and operating agreements for entities owning and developing affordable housing or solar generation projects
- manage litigation and assist in document production
- manage issues relating to the acquisition and development of real estate
- Organizes travel and event logistics for Gardner Capital’s presence at affordable housing and solar industry conferences and trade shows
- Strong Organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a sense of urgency
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with internal staff and external partners.
- A strong work ethic and diligence in follow-through
- General computer skills – proficiency with MS Office
Employee Benefits include paid time off and paid sick leave, holidays, medical insurance, 401(k) plan, dental, vision & long-term disability insurance available. Gardner Capital, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions on the basis of ability and job-related qualification without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other classification proscribed under law. For additional information about our company, please check out our website at www.gardnercapital.com.
To apply, please send resume and references to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Missouri Bar (Required)
Ability to Commute:
- St. Louis, MO 63105 (Required)
Ability to Relocate:
- St. Louis, MO 63105: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person