Gardner Capital seeks to hire a mid-level transactional attorney as Senior Counsel to be located in its Clayton, Missouri office. The successful candidate will have at least five years of legal experience and will be a member of the Missouri Bar or able to become a member promptly. The successful candidate will have experience in corporate or commercial real estate transactions. Experience in partnership tax, low-income housing tax credits and solar tax credit developments are pluses. The successful candidate will report to Gardner Capital’s general counsel and will work closely with Gardner Capital’s General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, President, Chief Financial Officer, and other Gardner Capital team members.
- draft and review contracts of various types relating to affordable housing projects and solar generation projects
- review partnership agreements and operating agreements for entities owning and developing affordable housing or solar generation projects
- manage litigation and assist in document production
- manage issues relating to the acquisition and development of real estate
- Strong Organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and a sense of urgency
- Prioritizes conflicting needs – handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadlines.
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and positive interactions with others
- Ability to build relationships with steak-holders, including internal staff and external partners.
- A strong work ethic and diligence in follow-through
- Experience and interest in internal and external communication, affordable housing, and renewable energy are all preferred.
- Experience in partnership tax, low-income housing tax credits, and solar tax credit developments
- General computer skills – proficiency with MS Office is necessary
- Five years of legal experience
- Member of the Missouri Bar or can become one promptly
- Experience in corporate and commercial real estate transactions
- Dental, Vision, & Long term also available
- Paid time off, Sick days, & Holidays
Gardner Capital, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions on the basis of ability and job-related qualification, without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other classification proscribed under law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
For additional information about our company, please check out our website at www.gardnercapital.com
Job Type: Full-time