Gardner Capital is seeking a well-qualified Real Estate Development Intern to support our Affordable Housing Development Group in St. Louis. Gardner Capital is an Affordable Housing and Solar developer, investor and tax credit syndicator with a nationwide presence. 2016 was a watershed growth year for Gardner Capital, and we are closing more housing deals than ever before. The Intern will assist in closing our current deals, sourcing new deals for our 2017 pipeline, and providing project-level financial analysis.
The position is a part-time, paid internship requiring on average 24 hours per week. The candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks.
- Assist analyst and senior analysts to complete investment underwriting deliverables (debt and equity financing packages)
- Project-level financial reporting and due diligence
- Perform financial analysis of various real estate investment opportunities
- Assist analyst or senior analyst in project management throughout development process
- Provide research support for real estate development projects
- Communicate with other regional members of the Affordable Development team and outside consultants
- Completes other real estate development projects as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the real estate development industry
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately
- Self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
Experience / Education
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Urban Studies or other related degree.Â Prefer junior, senior, or graduate level.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe and SharePoint; Quickbase and Smartsheet preferred
To Apply Please send your resume to Jena Bagot ([email protected])