Gardner Capital is seeking a well-qualified Finance Intern to support our CFO in St. Louis. Gardner Capital is an Affordable Housing and Solar developer, investor and tax credit syndicator with a nationwide presence. 2016 was a watershed growth year for Gardner Capital across all businesses, and we are closing more housing and solar deals than ever before. The Intern will assist our Finance Team in general financial planning & analysis, improving accounting & reporting practices, and providing project-level financial analysis.
The position is a part-time, paid internship requiring on average 18-24 hours per week. The candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks.
- Perform project-level financial analysis on affordable housing and solar investment opportunities, including debt & equity and cash flow analysis
- Assist CFO and financial analysts complete investment underwriting deliverables (debt and equity financing packages)
- Project-level and partner financial reporting and due diligence
- Assist analyst or senior analyst in project management
- Communicate with other regional members of the Finance Team and outside consultants
- Complete other finance-related projects as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of finance industry – real estate and/or solar finance knowledge is a plus
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately
- Self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
Experience / Education
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Real Estate, Urban Studies or other related degree. Prefer junior, senior, or graduate level.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe and SharePoint; Quickbase and Smartsheet preferred
To Apply Please send your resume to Tish Boothe ([email protected])