Manages daily operations of 2-4 projects including the project staff & subcontractors. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Plan, coordinate, direct, & monitor day-to-day activities of project staff (Project Coordinator, Lead Superintendent, Superintendent, etc.) & subcontractors on the project.
- Visit each project at least 3 times a week for compliance with construction schedules, manpower levels, safety, SWPPP, quality standards, contract plan, specifications, & customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process.
- Create RFI’s after a complete a review of all construction plans, documents & contract scopes associated with the project assigned to
- Advise, consult, and provide feedback to development on procurement documents, turn over phasing and construction responsibilities.
- Build relationships with municipal and/or 3rd party inspectors/consultants associated with the project
- Ensure Daily Logs are turned in each day per company policies using tablet to the Corporate Office
- Attend and/or lead weekly project coordination meetings with contractors actively working on site, at least once a month per project
- Monitor and communicate project related issues, scope changes variances & contingencies that arise during the project
- Review contractor requests and change orders, process per contractual requirements providing detailed analysis of impacts to budgets & schedules.
- Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
- Ensure all the correct permits / licenses have been obtained & posted in the job trailer along with stamped plans by the prevailing inspecting entities
- Enforce company project control policies are followed
- Train project staff on company project control policies
- Ensure the job schedule is updated on a weekly basis
- Attend and/or lead pre-con coordination meetings with each trade, as Minimum attendance is required for all major trades (Framer, MEP, Drywall, Foundation, Trusses, Cabinets, Countertops).
- Monitor maintenance of “as-built” plans during the project
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by Company Management
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Four-year degree preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in construction management
- Computer experience in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and other business-related software is required
- Midrise Multi-Family Wood Frame project experience required
- Proven track record of building and leading teams
- Some background in cost or scheduling functions would also be preferred, but not necessary
- Compensation highly competitive based on individual
- Bonus Potential
- Medical, Dental, 401k
- Paid Time Off